The Diogenes Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Diogenes Club

We aim to turn everyone into tang by the end of the decade.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Political affiliations?

Go down 
+2
Bombadillo
DeridingPolyphemus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DeridingPolyphemus
Admin
DeridingPolyphemus

Political affiliations? Empty
PostSubject: Political affiliations?   Political affiliations? Icon_minipostedMon Jun 30, 2008 3:39 am

Just a thread to observe the diversity of political thought we may have here, whether you are leftist, rightist, or midfield. No flaming please!

Personally, I am a Moderate, perhaps leaning towards liberal viewpoints. I am however quite intrigued by anarchism (which is very, very leftwing). Particularly Anarcho-Syndicism.

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Bombadillo

Bombadillo

Location : The Old Forest! I'm on a hiatus at the moment, however...

PostSubject: Re: Political affiliations?   Political affiliations? Icon_minipostedMon Jun 30, 2008 3:51 am

I once belonged to the right in every thing I lived and breathed.

I now am almost perfectly moderate. My viewpoints shift constantly.

I suppose that this is my attempt at being "open-minded" but as we know: "Open-mindedness breeds apathy".

I personally believe in the power of a democratic nation. Only when it is truly democratic, however. Currently my political affiliations go solely by Washington's Farewell Address Very Happy . (Boo partisan politics!)

P.S.

The afore mentioned quote ("Open-mindedness breeds apathy") requires clarification on my part.

What I mean to say is that when one does "see" from "all" the viewpoints it can lead to a general carelessness about the event in question. A carelessness marked by a lack of a semi-solid stance on a particular event. Which I constantly show (or don't show Wink ) when it comes to politics (in American politics, at least)
Back to top Go down
WanderingOisin

WanderingOisin

PostSubject: Re: Political affiliations?   Political affiliations? Icon_minipostedMon Jun 30, 2008 4:03 am

I was pretty solidly Conservative/Republican for a long time, but the last couple years I have become more and more Libertarian, and now of late I think I am becoming a borderline Anarchist.

I'm tempted not to even vote this go around. Last time it didn't mean anything, and in this state every person on the Eastern Shore of Maryland could vote for the same person and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. Still, I bet I will vote, but no matter who it is, I shall have to hold my nose.

Even the people from my own party, and other "fringe" parties have jumped the shark. There really isn't anywhere for me to turn lately.

Sigh.
Back to top Go down
DeridingPolyphemus
Admin
DeridingPolyphemus

PostSubject: Re: Political affiliations?   Political affiliations? Icon_minipostedMon Jun 30, 2008 12:44 pm

The only reason i would vote at this point would be to exercise my right to vote, so i would rightfully be able to complain if it was somehow taken away Smile
Back to top Go down
melvinthemagical

melvinthemagical

PostSubject: Re: Political affiliations?   Political affiliations? Icon_minipostedTue Jul 01, 2008 12:33 am

I personally wanted to be independent, not because i sided with the independent views more than other parties, but because i didn't really feel like affiliating myself with the cycle of blind stupidity and hatred that is produced from the two major parties of right and left. However, you don't get to vote in the primaries if you are independent. so because of this i chose to be a republican, so that i would be able to exercise my right to vote for the president.

Recently however, i have become aware of the fragile state that America is in. because of this, i am actively looking for a redemptive solution.
Back to top Go down
DeridingPolyphemus
Admin
DeridingPolyphemus

PostSubject: Re: Political affiliations?   Political affiliations? Icon_minipostedTue Jul 01, 2008 1:55 am

melvinthemagical wrote:
I personally wanted to be independent, not because i sided with the independent views more than other parties, but because i didn't really feel like affiliating myself with the cycle of blind stupidity and hatred that is produced from the two major parties of right and left. However, you don't get to vote in the primaries if you are independent. so because of this i chose to be a republican, so that i would be able to exercise my right to vote for the president.

Recently however, i have become aware of the fragile state that America is in. because of this, i am actively looking for a redemptive solution.

Independants in my state are allowed to participate in the primaries. I unfortunately was unable to participate, but i will be voting in the general election, if for nothing else, to exercise my right to have a legitimate (even if minute) say in government.
Back to top Go down
WanderingOisin

WanderingOisin

PostSubject: Re: Political affiliations?   Political affiliations? Icon_minipostedTue Jul 01, 2008 10:34 am

melvinthemagical wrote:

We must needs try to convince the State that the "None of the Above" option be added to the ballot.
Back to top Go down
ishabaal

ishabaal

PostSubject: Re: Political affiliations?   Political affiliations? Icon_minipostedTue Jul 01, 2008 10:18 pm

WanderingOisin wrote:
We must needs try to convince the State that the "None of the Above" option be added to the ballot.

You can always perform a write-in if I'm familiar with American voting tradition and the like.

I find that I am a moderate, but with the view of extreme social freedom coupled with a mixed economy in which things such as health-care, police, fire and ambulance services are provided along with government controlled electricity, water and military but with everything else being completely unregulated as in a free market economy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.podsafeaudio.com/jamroom/bands/913/
i is what i is

i is what i is

PostSubject: Re: Political affiliations?   Political affiliations? Icon_minipostedThu Jul 03, 2008 12:55 am

My views are mainly liberal but i do feel that the democratic and republican parties are basically just large glorified corporations at this point, its usually pointless to vote for whatever independent candidate chooses to throw away his money running as it usually just means X less votes going out to the candidate that voter would have voted for otherwise, so as it stands i feel the whole system has to be redone in some way, just throw it all out and try again, start over. see if we could do any better this time around..

gotta agree with WanderingOisin- just add a 'None of the Above' option!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Political affiliations?   Political affiliations? Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Political affiliations?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Diogenes Club :: General Discussion :: Politics-
Jump to: