The Diogenes Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Diogenes Club

We aim to turn everyone into tang by the end of the decade.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introductions

Go down 
+4
WanderingOisin
Admin
Bombadillo
DeridingPolyphemus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DeridingPolyphemus
Admin
DeridingPolyphemus

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minipostedMon Jun 30, 2008 2:21 am

Hey all,

Starting out soft and simple... Thread for introductions!

Well, to start off... I have two arms, two legs... I try to be a fine-artist (painter), and i take interest in philosophical and political endeavours. Im also somewhat fluent in military history.

Cheers,
DeridingPolyphemus
Back to top Go down
Bombadillo

Bombadillo

Location : The Old Forest! I'm on a hiatus at the moment, however...

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Hey dol! merry dol! Ring a dong dillo!   Introductions Icon_minipostedMon Jun 30, 2008 2:33 am

Hello there my hearties!!!

I'm, well, not quite sure. I like to call myself a musician (Classical Singing, Piano, Guitar). I enjoy literature, languages (primarily German), history, philosophy, and (when the mood strikes me) mathematics.

Also I'm quite fond of parenthetical statements! Very Happy

Bis Später,
Bombadillo

Last edited by Bombadillo on Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minipostedMon Jun 30, 2008 2:40 am

I like to wax philosophic about anything under the sun.
I like to shoot things.
I like to read, for fun (that rhymed!).
And I like to write.
I also play guitar, banjo, and jew's harp.
Back to top Go down
https://thediogenesclub.forumakers.com
WanderingOisin

WanderingOisin

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minipostedMon Jun 30, 2008 2:41 am

Admin wrote:
I like to wax philosophic about anything under the sun.
I like to shoot things.
I like to read, for fun (that rhymed!).
And I like to write.
I also play guitar, banjo, and jew's harp.

Methinks, I need to get the hang of this administration jazz.
Back to top Go down
GWFreak

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Me!   Introductions Icon_minipostedMon Jun 30, 2008 2:31 pm

Hey all. I'm mainly a musician, currently being trained in classical, world, and contemporary (jazz, new age, etc.) percussion. I also practice guitar, bass, and harmonica (lol) on my own. Even though I myself am a musician, I have intense appreciation of all art forms. Language (French especially, since I study it) and philosophy are favorites of mine. Also, I write lyrics for some of the music I compose, but I wouldn't exactly call myself a poet or writer (even though I have gained more interest in this since last December).
Back to top Go down
i is what i is

i is what i is

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: i is what i is *shrug*   Introductions Icon_minipostedMon Jun 30, 2008 4:33 pm

Hey everybody, good to be here.

The name's Grider, the game's photography and music, not necessarily in that order.. I play quite a few different instruments and hope to compose for movies someday and/or sell my music independently, my music is very heavily influenced by the surrealist movement and I hope to blend many different styles(genres w/e) into it including classical, improvised music, electronic, etc., etc..

In my photography I've mainly shot nature and abstract, trying to be a 'fine artist' or what have you. Now I'm becoming more and more interested in street photography, lomography, photojournalism, portraits, et al. and once again trying to blend styles to however they best suit me at the time. My new interest is Gonzo journalism, which I hope to find someone to help create with me(my photos, their writing), or if not I will try doing the writing myself as well as the photos of course.

Looking forward to some interesting discussion with you all!

i is what i is

www.sundryphotos.com fine art photos
www.dgcphotos.com street, lomography, portraits (under construction atm)
Back to top Go down
DeridingPolyphemus
Admin
DeridingPolyphemus

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minipostedMon Jun 30, 2008 4:59 pm

i is what i is wrote:

In my photography I've mainly shot nature and abstract, trying to be a 'fine artist' or what have you. Now I'm becoming more and more interested in street photography, lomography, photojournalism, portraits, et al. and once again trying to blend styles to however they best suit me at the time. My new interest is Gonzo journalism, which I hope to find someone to help create with me(my photos, their writing), or if not I will try doing the writing myself as well as the photos of course.

Well certainly, I hope that this community/collective (what ever its going to be) will work on group/partner collabs, for more indepth, interconnected art.

Welcome to the community, great to have you!
Back to top Go down
ishabaal

ishabaal

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minipostedTue Jul 01, 2008 10:51 pm

Oddly enough this is one of my last posts, but whatever. I'm mostly into music but I throughly enjoy art and philosophy as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.podsafeaudio.com/jamroom/bands/913/
K.

K.

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minipostedSat Jul 05, 2008 2:04 pm

I have no talent, but my endeavours are literary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Introductions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Diogenes Club :: General Discussion :: The Pub-
Jump to: