The Diogenes Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Diogenes Club

We aim to turn everyone into tang by the end of the decade.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forum Ideas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Forum Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Forum Ideas   Forum Ideas Icon_minipostedTue Jul 01, 2008 10:40 am

Being something of a neophyte at this whole business, I wanted to know if anyone here had any ideas and/or comments as regards the look, makeup, structure, etc. of the forum.

It is only a couple days old at the moment, so it is very much a work in progress.

And thoughts, ideas or contributions to the forum as a whole would be greatly appreciated. If anyone out there is skilled in photo manipulation, a slightly fancier logo would be in order, perhaps some new button images, anything you all can come up with, we can at least try and make it happen.

I would like that this remain a collective work instead of just the brainchild of two people.
Back to top Go down
https://thediogenesclub.forumakers.com
DeridingPolyphemus
Admin
DeridingPolyphemus

Forum Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Ideas   Forum Ideas Icon_minipostedTue Jul 01, 2008 12:35 pm

Well, hoestly, though i like the setup of the forum, it may be a little uninviting. (this of course shouldnt matter to people who truly wish to help out), but we may should allow for users to choose their own skins as well. Ill see how you can set that up.
Back to top Go down
K.

K.

Forum Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Ideas   Forum Ideas Icon_minipostedFri Jul 04, 2008 7:06 pm

Generally young forums such as this one should avoid e-mail activation for 2 reasons I've encountered: people don't want to put too much effort into joining such a small forum, and the spam bots that justify the activation generally bypass such things anyway.
Back to top Go down
DeridingPolyphemus
Admin
DeridingPolyphemus

Forum Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Ideas   Forum Ideas Icon_minipostedFri Jul 04, 2008 7:09 pm

K. wrote:
Generally young forums such as this one should avoid e-mail activation for 2 reasons I've encountered: people don't want to put too much effort into joining such a small forum, and the spam bots that justify the activation generally bypass such things anyway.

Thanks for the comment. I will wait to confer with the other admin, and we will decide.

Cheers and welcome,
DeridingPolyphemus
Back to top Go down
ishabaal

ishabaal

Forum Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Ideas   Forum Ideas Icon_minipostedSat Jul 05, 2008 10:25 pm

Yeah, that does sound like a good idea. Although we may end up culling some of the people later right now we need members if we're going to get anywhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.podsafeaudio.com/jamroom/bands/913/
K.

K.

Forum Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Ideas   Forum Ideas Icon_minipostedSun Jul 06, 2008 12:47 am

Is there not an option to have alerts for new messages? I just noticed that I had some without any warning.
Back to top Go down
DeridingPolyphemus
Admin
DeridingPolyphemus

Forum Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Ideas   Forum Ideas Icon_minipostedSun Jul 06, 2008 1:06 am

It should send a small pop up window . Strange if your not getting that, check your profile, i guess.
Back to top Go down
ishabaal

ishabaal

Forum Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Ideas   Forum Ideas Icon_minipostedMon Jul 07, 2008 1:53 pm

I just putting it out there but does anyone else have trouble making their signature show up because I sure can't and I want to know if its the forum or jsut my account.
Back to top Go down
DeridingPolyphemus
Admin
DeridingPolyphemus

Forum Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Ideas   Forum Ideas Icon_minipostedMon Jul 07, 2008 2:41 pm

You have to check the option in your profile that says "always attach my signature" or somesuch nonsense.
Back to top Go down
ishabaal

ishabaal

Forum Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Ideas   Forum Ideas Icon_minipostedMon Jul 07, 2008 2:59 pm

Ah, okay. It works now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Ideas   Forum Ideas Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Forum Ideas
Page 1 of 1